The Violin and The Sandman

On a dust ridden red bench he sat
with a violin in his trembling hands
he began to sing.
Looking up over the clock towers
and through rose colored shades
he began to strum.
Two birds danced
and shook their feathers
as he began to stand.
The violin turned into sand.
And so his time was stopped.
He looked at the sand
and dove in.

-Me

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Artist Reccomendation

Who: Zach Heckendorf


                 Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmsDjOPPhU

While I do not know this musician, here are a few words that I think might describe him:

Humble
Devoted to the music
Original
Humble

I have been into music my whole life and sometimes musicians allow fame to reach into them and take a piece they might have never wanted to let go of in the first place.  However, even if it has happened in the past I still have to admit that I see most every musician to be quite humble.

Anyway, I remember when my mom told me about Zach Heckendorf and how talented he was and I completely agree.  His song "Untitled" has become probably one of my favorite songs, because of the historical significance of losing someone dear.  Ever since I was little I would fear that my parents would not return home from their evening out.  I had a worry bird and would cling to it just hoping they would return.  Unfortunately fear can really take over even at the age when you aren't supposed to think about anything remotely close.  His song "Untitled" helps me to feel better and calm down, because even still I worry.

"I just hope that with death comes life" -"Untitled"
by Zach Heckendorf

I remember her telling me something about him being unsure of the spotlight.  While she was telling me I understood and still do, I find it an admirable quality.  I think it is a part of every musician, because most musicians don't play music for the fame- they play it for the music and the people.  That is what I believe anyway.  Most of the musicians I have come across rarely if ever say "I play music for the money" because what comes before the money? Countless hours of practice and for what? Most likely the love of music.

Anyway, I highly recommend Zach Heckendorf, because of his spirit, stage presence, originality, and of course his music.


For bookings: booking@zachheckendorf.com

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/zachheckendorf1

Zach Heckendorf- EP ITunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zach-heckendorf-ep/id351324390

No comments:

Post a Comment